Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Pink Bike Accident


The Pink Bike Accident

I remember a long time ago, when I was around six or seven years old, I was riding my bike around the house, like I did practically every single day. I don’t know what kind of fun I got out of riding a bike; maybe I felt like I was driving a car or something or maybe, I’d pretend to go on wild adventures. It was cool as a kid though. I had a small, pink bicycle and I loved the color pink at that time; Now, I hate the color pink…I despise it. J

Now for some strange odd reason, I wanted to ride my little, pink bike down the hill in the backyard of my house. I think I wanted to do that, because two of my older brothers did it all the time. I wanted to be a bit courageous, but I would soon find out that being courageous, going down a steep hill, would be a complete mistake; one that would be memorable for years to come.

            I stood at the edge of the hill with my bike and I thought about what I was going to do before I did it; that’s something that I never stopped doing, even until this day. Anyway, I finally decided to make up my mind and I pushed myself down the hill and started peddling. Before I knew it, I was moving too fast. It felt like I was going 70 mph. down the hill!

Now, I was told how to brake when I wanted to stop my bicycle, but as I was going down this steep hill, I couldn’t stop my bike. I was rolling mad[1] fast and before I knew it, Boom![2] I ran smack dab into the shed at the bottom of the hill. The next thing I remember seeing was stars swirling around my head, like the ones in cartoons when the characters are, knocked out cold[3]. When the stars were gone, then came the tears and the excruciating pain. I walked back up the hill, with tears flowing from my eyes like Niagara Falls and my grandmother hugged me until all the pain and tears stopped. And she said, “I’ll take the pain for you.”

            I indeed remember that day and I don’t think I’ll ever forget it. I learned my lesson and I never went rolling down that hill, with that little, pink bicycle again. Running into the shed, was both the funniest and the worst thing that has happened to me as a child. I think I was pretty lucky and indeed blessed.

           

           

 

 

 



[1] When you really mean something
[2] To make an incredibly loud noise, while hitting something
[3] When someone hits you and it causes you to be unconscious

No comments:

Post a Comment