This is a little story that I created when I was still in high school. I had an assignment in a Creative Writing class where we had to make a concrete story.
Confusion
Confusion, I hate confusion. Life is nothing but confusion. The clock ticks, and ticks and ticks on the big black wall of confusion. Time goes on and yet I’m stuck in time. Everything just flies by, leaving me and confusion behind. Confusion sticks right by me, covering with his terrible blanket of madness.
I sit a crazed person, in the darkness of it all. Come wake me up confusion’s got my hand. Come lift my spirit confusion’s taken over my life. He won’t let go, he won’t ever leave. Get away from me confusion I don’t need you! You’ve taken over my life, you’ve taken over me. Now it’s you’re time to go, so pack your bags and leave.
Now that you’re gone, loneliness has crept through. He took his time, savoring his own rhyme. Wondering what he wants to do and how to ruin me. He leaves you alone, in the dark corner of your mind, not helping you and surely not pleasing you. You lose you’re joy, you loose your spirit. Loneliness is nothing but the depression express, your mind turns to garbage and your tears turn to soot. He tells you,
“You don’t matter. You’re a waste of my time.” So, he packs his own bags and heads out the door.
Next is madness, rolling in like the tides. He’s hot as fire, never cool like snow. He causes my temper to flare, when rude comments flow my way. It’s blazing, blazing, blazing I must be on fire. My life is going downhill, with all the trouble I have caused. I wonder what comes next, maybe its fear.
Here comes fear, like the lightning of a storm. He surely isn’t friendly, you’d know if you saw him. He’s big and frightening and he’ll have you running for the hills. I tried hiding under the bed, but that didn’t seem to work. He found me in a matter of minutes, with the enormous size he has. He doesn’t play around and he comes to do his deed. To scare the living daylights out of you and have you trembling like crazy. He finally left me alone and I’m surely glad he did, because by now I’ve had enough, I can’t take anymore!
I came out of the corner and in to light, here comes happiness, with his powerful glow of might. He pierced through all of the darkness, to come rescue me. He opened up my mind and showed me the way. He told me,
“Don’t you be scared now, there’s so much to see. The world may not always be peaceful, you see, so here’s my heart, try and make it right now.”
Then he flew out the door and out of my life.
I woke up the next morning, wondering what just happened. I must’ve had a dream, that’s all it was. I heard a knocking on the door and I jumped up to see who it could be. I turned the knob slowly and opened the door. In walked confusion and loneliness too, followed by madness, happiness, and fear, oh, no! This can’t be happening to me. I can’t take these emotions! Get away from me!

No comments:
Post a Comment