You know, I've been thinking a lot about my future and I've been praying about it too. For some reason being a homemaker appeals to me more than anything right now. Last year and years before that, my mind never came across that idea...I was the girl that wanted a big career and a family with my husband. Now, being a wife and mother bothers me in a good way a lot! I can't think of anything better that I would want and that God woulld want me to do. I took a lot of time just listening to God and seeing what he will bless me with and right now, I do believe a blessing is falling into my lap. I know that finding African American homemakers now are rare due to the fact that most of our finances are low, and usually two incomes are needed. I just believe that you should carefully pick your husbands and find someone who believes what you do and is going somewhere with his life. Don't just pick any man, because you may find out that this man may have children from a previous relationship, been married before, has an STD, and has drug problems and addictions. You don't want that do you???
But back to the topic at hand. I want to be able to clean my home from top to bottom and have it spotless. I want to plan and prepare meals everyday so that my family can be healthy. I want to have dinner ready when my husband steps through the front door from a long day of work. I want to take care of my children, not ship them to a daycare and then go to work. I want to make crafts for my children to do during the day and teach them the alphabet and numbers. Do you get what I'm saying? That's not being lazy people! That's a lot of work. I forgot to mention grocery shopping, running behind crying, hungry, and pooping, active children all day, and putting the bills together to be paid. Easy? No, not at all. Enjoyable? Yes, with many memories. So I hope one day, I can do this job and do this job well.
-Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment