Embrace Silence
When you embrace silence, you hear things that you wouldn't normally hear if you were participating in the daily chit chat with friends. To me, the most important thing about silence is you can hear God speaking to you. You gain knowledge from Him and the world around you. Listening is the most powerful thing to learn. You cannot learn if you do not listen and in order to listen, there must be silence. Silence helps in so many ways, especially when you're tired after a long day; all you want is silence. Silence heals and soothes the everyday pains of life. All your worries and stresses melt away. Think of how silent sleeping is, well except when someone is snoring.
Another thing silence is to me, is peace. Going a little off topic, but when you die/pass away you are at peace and you are silent. You no longer worry, stress, deal with hectic days, boredom, anger, jealousy, and sadness. When a love one passes on, the best thing to do is remember their life and be happy they're in peace. Now, when I look at silence I see it in a whole new light. I embrace it, instead of disliking it. I once use to resent being quiet and shy. but now I embrace it like a warm hug. When one aproaches me and asks, "Why are you so quiet?" I'll just simply say, "I'm listening, maybe you should give it a try."
See, there it goes again. Everytime I write while being silent, I learn more things about myself that I've never known. Wow! Silence is such an amazing learning tool. Who knew that one of the most important things in life was something so simple. I regret the day I considered being shy a curse. Being shy is more of a gift of you think about it. There's no trouble surrounding you and we're the nicest people you could ever meet. Maybe people should learn more about it and embrace silence.
By, Shaquana S. Watson

No comments:
Post a Comment